- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Cut butter into mixture of flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add blueberries and toss to mix.
- In separate bowl beat together cream and egg, and slowly pour into dry ingredients, stirring with rubber scraper until dough forms.
- Knead just until it comes together, 3 or 4 times.
- Don't overhandle.
- Divide dough in half.
- On lightly floured board, shape each half into a 6-inch round.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- Bake on ungreased sheet about 20 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Serve warm!!