Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (Hot pepper sauce such as Franks Red Hot or Tabasco (amount based on your own preference)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded (I baked chicken tenders in the oven covered with foil at 350 for 25 minutes for this recipe, but a rotisserie chicken would work very well too)
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 8 ounce package of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions (do not use "no cook" noodles; they must be boiled and fully-cooked before building the lasagna)
- In a medium pot, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the pot.
- Stir well until completely melted then add in the buffalo sauce and a few dashes of hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Spoon a small amount of the buffalo and cream cheese sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and spread it around to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Stir the chicken into the sauce in the pot.
- Place one layer of lasagna noodles in the bottom of the dish.
- Spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles then drizzle with half of the ranch dressing.
- Add another layer of noodles and then the remaining chicken and ranch dressing.
- Place a final layer of lasagna noodles and then spread the cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes (I bake it uncovered).
- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and maybe some carrot and celery sticks.