Buffalo Chicken Mozzarella Sticks
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- ½ cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1-ounce packet of dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients with a fork until smooth and evenly mixed.
- Transfer to an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Smooth the mixture out with a spatula so that it’s evenly spread in the dish.
- Freeze until solid, at least one hour.
- Working quickly, remove the solid mixture from the sheet and cut into 4-inch x 1-inch rectangles (there should be 16 in an 8x8 dish).
- One by one, bread each stick by coating in flour, then dredging in egg and then bread crumbs. Dip once more in the egg, then once more in the bread crumbs, and transfer to a baking dish.
- Heat the oil to 375˚F/190˚C.
- Carefully lower about three or four of the coated sticks into the oil and fry for about 30 seconds, until golden brown. Continue this until all of the sticks are fried.
- Serve warm with ranch dip.