Cheesy Taco Pasta
- 12 oz. short-cut pasta
- 1/2 large white onion, chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoon Taco Seasoning
- 1 (15) oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups shredded cheddar and Monterey jack
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until tender, 5 minutes, then add jalapeño. Cook 2 minutes more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes, then add taco seasoning.
- Drain fat.
- Add canned tomatoes and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water and stir, then add cheese and let melt, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Add cooked pasta and toss until completely combined.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.