- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips Need to convert the measurements?
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies.
- When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl.
- Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs.
- When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well.
- Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip.
- Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk.
- Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken.
- Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer.
- Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.