Homemade Version of Chick-fil-A’s Chicken Sandwich
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups peanut oil for frying
- 4 buns (buttered and toasted)
- Dill pickle slices
- Put chicken in zippered bag and pound gently with the flat side of a mallet until about ½-inch thick.
- Cut each breast into 2 equal pieces.
- Marinate chicken in the pickle juice for about an hour.
- Beat together egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, and spices in another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to about 350.
- Dip each chicken piece into the egg covering both sides, then coat in flour on each side.
- Fry each chicken piece for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil, then serve on toasted buns with pickle slices.