Lemon Chicken And Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 375˚F/200˚C.
- Poke several holes into the spaghetti squash. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Cut squash in half along the holes. Remove seeds with a spoon. Drizzle squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place squash upside down on baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft. Let cool.
- Using a skillet, cook the chicken breast on medium-high heat with a little olive oil for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth, and cook until the liquid partially reduces, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash.
- Pour sauce over the squash. Serve immediately.