Meatball Sandwich Casserole
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- 1 jar of marinara sauce or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf of fresh Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place entire bag of meatballs in pot with sauce and cook over medium heat until warmed completely through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir as needed to keep meatballs from sticking to pot.
- Once heated through remove from heat.
- Place meatballs in the center of a 9x13 baking dish, layer mozzarella cheese over meatballs topping off with the Parmesan.
- Take the slices of Italian (or Garlic) bread and line the pan all the way around with them so that they are kind of keeping the meatballs toward the center of the pan.
- You have creative freedom here with the bread...you can lightly butter and garlic the bread prior to placing it in the pan if you prefer or even brush lightly with olive oil and garlic.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!