Mexican Wedding Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting hands
- 1 cup pecans, chopped into very small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar at low speed until it is smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- At low speed gradually add the flour.
- Mix in the pecans with a spatula.
- With floured hands, take out about 1 tablespoon of dough and shape into a crescent.
- Continue to dust hands with flour as you make more cookies.
- Place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle but still warm, roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
- Cool on wire racks.