Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chips Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1 can seamless crescent rolls (or pinch together seams on a regular can, or make your own)
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups mixed peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Beat sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
- Unroll the crescent roll sheet onto lightly floured surface.
- Stretch the dough out, I use a rolling pin to do this, then trim the edges to give it a good rectangular shape.
- A pizza cutter is great for trimming edges of dough.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the crescent sheet, leaving a gap at the edge about 1/2 inch.
- Sprinkle your chips on top of cream cheese – press them in lightly to aid in rolling.
- Roll the crescent sheet up tightly and wrap in cling wrap.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours it won’t get really solid as the cream cheese mix won’t freeze hard.
- When chilled preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (prevents sticking and helps in cleanup).
- Slice the crescent roll into 1/4" slices.
- They won’t keep the precise round shape, but that is fine!
- Bake on prepared cookie sheet for 12 -14 minutes until crescent roll appears golden brown.
- Cool on the parchment paper or wire rack.