Shrimp in Green Sauce
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup parsley, leaves and thin stems
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 dried chilies or a few pinches of crushed red chili flakes, or to taste
- 1/3 cup stock (shrimp, fish or chicken) or white wine or water
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Combine garlic and oil in a small food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Add scallions and parsley and pulse until mixture is minced.
- Toss with shrimp, salt, pepper and chilies.
- Put shrimp in a large roasting pan.
- Add liquid and place pan in oven.
- Roast, stirring once, until mixture is bubbly and hot, and shrimp all pink, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.