- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined - tails left on
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup shrimp stock, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Rice, as accompaniment
- Season the shrimp thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add enough oil to lightly coat the pan.
- Add the shrimp and quickly saute until just starting to turn pink, but not cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onions and saute just until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice, white wine, and stock, and reduce by 2/3, about 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan and swirl in the butter.
- Finish with the parsley and check for seasoning.
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve over rice.